Clinics & Services
Coronary Heart Disease Clinic
This clinic is by invitation only and is run by a practice nurse. Its function is to review all patients under the age of 85 who are known to have heart disease.
Every Thursday 09:00 – 13:00
The clinic is run by the community midwife for the routine provision of ante-natal care and is by appointment only. Dr Gregory, Dr D’Costa and Dr Daniel also provide ante-natal care during allocated surgery times.
Other Services Available from the Practice
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of all ill people. We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Contraceptive services. Specialist services such as IUCD insertion is available at the Family Planning Clinic at the Sexual Health Village, Frederick Street, Aberdeen.
- Maternity services in the ante and post natal periods, together with the midwives from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurses for details.
- Cervical smears.
We also hold contracts with Grampian NHS Trust for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and those at risk from flu.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease, diabetes or asthma.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
- Regular monitoring by blood tests for patients on anti-coagulation drugs.
- Contraceptive implant insertions and removal.